Small donations make a BIG difference at Noyes Park.
This year, the Friends of Noyes Park is participating in #givingtuesday to raise funds in support of our community garden, special programming, and to promote beautification at Noyes Park. Our volunteer-run organization operates off a very small budget, and we make every dollar you give go a long way! We're trying to raise $1,000 to fully fund our 2018 initiatives. You can help us achieve this goal by donating today:
- A $5 donation buys one bag of soil amendment to provide the Noyes Elementary student-gardeners with fresh, fertile soil for their learning garden.
- A $15 donation purchases one box of heavy-duty contractor garbage bags to keep Noyes Park clean.
- A $35 donation sponsors one low-income gardener to access a garden plot for the 2018 growing season at Noyes Park.
- A $50 donation helps to buy new safety gloves for trash pickup, spray paint and other materials for graffiti removal, and shovels, rakes and brooms for general park maintenance.
- A $200 donation funds the development, marketing, food, and hosting of an entire kid-friendly event at Noyes Park!
- A $500 donation pays for one seasonal maintenance of the planting beds located at each park entrance or a deep cleaning of the picnic and playground area. This is work not completed by the DC Government that goes a long way in beautifying the park. The bed maintenance includes cutting back the grasses, removing all weeds and invasive species, edging, and mulching. Deep cleaning of the picnic and playground area includes power-washing, gum and weed removal, and graffiti/paint removal.
Your gift of any amount is crucial to supporting our collective responsibility to invest in our community and ensure continued equitable access to safe and beautiful parks in Brookland and beyond.